10/01/2007

If you can't see, close your eyes!

Today I was buckling my daughter into her booster seat. It's so hard leaning in and trying to get that strap to buckle when you can't see what you're doing. I have learned to close my eyes. In fact, whenever I am trying to do something fiddly and I can't quite see, I close my eyes.

Lots of people can't get the chest strap of their soft structured baby carrier to close behind them when doing a front carry. Again, close your eyes and it will be so much easier.

I guess it's because with your eyes open, there is too much input and it's too distracting for the poor brain. Try it and tell me if it works!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! That's a cool idea! I've never tried that...I will have to though! I'll let ya know...if it works better with my eyes closed! :) And thanks for stopping by my blog btw!! :)

Babywearing Sales & Consulting said...

I am commenting on my own blog! LOL! For some reason, things like to find their way under the car seats in our new car. I have found myself quite a few times crouching from outside the car, really digging under the seat for a missing item. And for some reason, closing my eyes is really helpful. The item magically appears!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of such a thing. But, perhaps your hypothesis of too much information, could be correct, it made sense to me anyway. I hope to try this sometime.

Thanks.